Seasons brings all the information you need to make the right decisions when choosing your food during shopping or at the restaurant. Live greener with buying local and seasonal products.
- Seasons data for fruits, vegetables, lettuces, herbs, fungi and nuts
- 214 entries, each with photo, short description and seasonal data
- Includes local seasons as well as import seasons
- Support for US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Western and Central Europe
- Detail view for each entry with all the information and season sequence
- Overview of fruits with current season
- Monthly overview
- Category overview
- Find nearby farmers markets (we use data from Local Food Advisor, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Australian Farmers’ Markets Association and Qype for best coverage)
- Auto detect region setting using GPS/WLAN
- English, French, German and Spanish localisation
Worldchanging: I was pleased to discover that the app Seasons ($1.99) now has data for the United States.
Vegging Out: They started their iPhone app just for fun, but it soon blossomed into an indispensable guide to seasonal fruit and veg – a harvest calendar for the whole year that you can put in your pocket.
Geeks: Really nice idea for your wellbeing and your waistline.
Ecoki (Comment): Awesome! Thanks for the idea.
GOOD: Superb Idea: An App That Tells You What’s in Season
Foodielady: If you want to contribute in helping the environment by buying local and eating products that are in season like nature intended, check out the iphone app seasons.
Envirogadget: There’s no doubt that the iPhone platform has led to a huge torrent of great applications, and the Seasons iPhone application is a perfect example of that.
Allansiew: Knowing what fruits are coming in season that is what I call cool.